The day-to-day management of the Association is undertaken by the elected Officers of the Association who are known as the Executive.
These officers are elected at the AGM and for 2013-14 are:
The President* (Derek Johnson), the President Elect* (John Heywood), the Chair (Chris Berwick), the Honorary Secretary (Cherie D'Silva), and the Honorary Treasurer (Ken Bray)
*Presidents are elected for 2 years and so Derek Johnson (elected in 2010 as the President Elect) began his term of office in March 2012 and it will end in 2014.
The General Committee consists of
- The Executive (the five officers of the Executive are the President, the President Elect, the Chair, the Treasurer and the Secretary.)
- No more than 3 representatives from each affiliated club
- The Vice-Presidents: Roger Binks, Anne Bray, Ken Bray, Jose Clarke, June Clarke, Peter Clarke, Cherie D’Silva, Richard Float, Colin Fox, Margaret Fox, John Harper, [Derek Johnson], Peter Leach, Mick Loach, Alan Loasby, Chris Smith, Tony Tomlinson, Wayne Walker, Gordon Ward.
- The Competition Secretaries:Track & Field**: Kevin Mee; Technical Officials: Cherie D'Silva; Cross Country: John Skevington and John Heywood
- The Team Managers are: UK CAU Road: John Skevington; UK CAU XC: Ian Wilson - Senior & U20 women; Rob Griffiths- U17, U15 & U13 Girls; Wayne Walker - Senior & U20 Men; Mike Stiff - U17, U15 & U13 Boys; UK CAU Track & Field: Kelly King (and El Phiri) ; Junior Inter Counties (T&F): Kelly King and El Phiri: Sportshall: Liz Hinds (Girls) and Gary Smith (Boys).
**The Committee have also elected a Track & Field sub-committee from its membership: June Clarke, Cherie D'Silva, Kevin Mee, and Derek Johnson.
*** The Committee also elected an Endurance sub-committee from its membership: John Skevington, John Heywood, Peter Osborne. (the details for 2012 are awaited)
The Constitution of L&RAA and all amendments made up to and including 2010 is available on this link to the Constitution file. The AFM of 2013 approved some amendments and these will be included and updated here as soon as possible. There is also a Code of Conduct but currently this is not available in a version other than paper (unless you can scan a copy and send it to us). All affiliated clubs were sent the Code of Conduct in 2004. We also have an updated version (2011/12) of the England Athletics Code of Conduct and Procedures - Grievance Procedures and Disciplinary Procedures